Philpotts Interiors - Senior Interior Designer
SENIOR INTERIOR DESIGNER
Philpotts Interiors is a Hawaii based interior design firm with an exciting portfolio of projects ranging from high end residential, hospitality, commercial/office to healthcare facilities. We are seeking an experienced Senior Interior Designer.
Summary of Position: The Senior Designer is responsible for designing, interpreting, and coordinating large scope complex design projects through all phases of design development. This individual demonstrates creativity, foresight, and maturity in design judgment when anticipating and solving design complexities. This position provides design direction, oversees design presentations, monitors project design development and support to ensure consistent and high-quality design firm wide. This position is responsible for establishing client relationships, directing and monitoring all design activities. The Senior Designer should have extensive experience in all phases of design, including substantial experience in Design management. The Senior Designer is expected to demonstrate professionalism, high standards and sound judgment. It is essential to pass your knowledge to others and support a continuous learning environment. Team building and motivation are also key responsibilities.
Additional responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
• Provides leadership for entire design process to ensure design continuity
• Creates, develops and implements project design concepts
• Establishes and maintains ongoing, positive and productive client relationships
• Assures design conforms to contractual agreement with client
• Assures that project needs are satisfied by effectively managing design staff to ensure efficient utilization of resources
• Understands and implements processes to reduce risks and exposure
• Monitors initial design through completion of project
• Effectively and proactively coaches, mentors and provides performance enhancing feedback to team members
• Will perform other project duties as assigned by Principal Designers
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions, but it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
• Degree in Interior Design
• Extensive years of experience in designing large projects including hospitality and high end residential
• Client management skills