Theprimary responsibilityof themembership director is to exercise the membership development, recruitment and retention functions for the chapter.Within the limits of ASIDbylaws and policies, this individual has the responsibility and authority to accomplish the following duties:
• Plans and executes (or oversees committees and task forces responsible for planning and executing) membership development and retention functions of the chapter, including someor all of the following:
• Membership recruitment
• Membership retention campaign
• Membership needs assessment and satisfaction surveys
• Member benefits package and benefits communications
• Serves as a votingmember of the chapter board of directors.
• Supports the mission, policies and programs of the Society as adopted by the Society and chapter boards of directors.
• Ensures that all chapter communications are conducted in accordance with the Society’s brand identity and standards.
• Ensures that all chaptermembership initiatives are conducted in accordance with ASID’s organizational messages and strategic direction.
• Ensures that all chapter membership initiatives are directed towards appropriate audiences and member segments (i.e., practitioners (including architects), students, educators, industry partners, emerging professionals. Etc.).
Themembership director is responsible to the relevant chapter board, committees and task forces.